Introducing Gutter Services
Posted Jul 12, 2021 in Gutter Services
Foundation cracks. Leaky window wells. Faulty sump pumps. Any of these can be the culprit behind a wet basement. But did you know your gutters can be too? That’s right, the gutters that sit high above your foundation can actually cause roof water to seep into your basement.
We have a solution
Proper water flow from gutters is often overlooked when it comes to basement seepage. That’s why Family Waterproofing is proud to introduce gutter services as an option to help homeowners keep their basements dry. We focus on ensuring your gutters and downspouts are in optimal working order so water stays far from your foundation walls. While we are not a gutter replacement company, our services focus on improving performance.
How can gutters cause problems?
Issues with both the gutters and downspouts can be the source of too much water near your foundation.
- Gutters can sag or have imperfections that keep water from flowing properly
- Gutter coverings may be hurting more than they are helping
- Downspouts could be releasing water too close to the house
- Gutters and/or downspouts may be clogged
- Downspouts are not graded properly and water is rolling back towards the house
We have the answer
If your gutters do not need replacing, most likely the solution is a relatively easy fix and Family Waterproofing can do it for you.
- Repairing and reinforcing the sag or broken seal in your gutters will allow water to flow properly
- Removing gutter coverings that are restricting water can actually improve water flow
- Extending the downspout 10 feet from the house is recommended
- Clearing the gutters and downspouts from leaves, twigs and other debris –even toys – is a simple fix
- Semi-annual cleaning can eliminate many gutter issues
- Creating the proper slope near downspouts will move water out to the yard and not toward the foundation
Is this something you can do on your own?
Unclogging your gutters is something you can do yourself, but why take the risk of damaging your gutters or falling and injuring yourself? These issues are best left to the professionals at Family Waterproofing so you know the job is being done correctly. Our team of experts will diagnose the problem and get your gutters and downspouts flowing freely in no time.
Call for your gutter inspection today!
Family Waterproofing can assess the problem to keep your basement dry and worry-free. Schedule an appointment or give us a call at (708) 330‑4466.
- Clogged gutters – it’s a dirty job but someone has to do it.
- Introducing Gutter Services
- Don't replace it, raise it!
- What causes cracks in basement floor
- How to pick window well covers