Summer is prime mold season
Posted Mar 31, 2021 in Waterproofing
We’re quickly approaching the Summer months and Summer weather. That means heat and humidity. That also means mold. This is one of the peak times for mold to grow and spread.
Summer brings unique weather that differs from the other months. Humidity, which increases the dampness of the air and environment, also promotes mold growth and propagation. Mold removal becomes such a priority during the summer months.
Without even knowing it, mold can take hold where you least expect it to. Doorways, under carpets, back rooms, and especially basements and garages and the dampness finds its way, becomes a problem and mold spreads.
Mold also contributes greatly to allergies and allergy symptoms. Once you have mold, it spreads and grows, allowing disbursement of more mold spores into the surrounding areas, affecting the environment and inhabitation around. Mold spores spread through the air, building materials or attachment to other objects that carry them along. Humidity allows for transportation to be greater. Increasing the discomfort to that allergy suffers will rise during the Summer months if this isn’t taking care of properly.
Sounds scary, but you can protect yourself with a few simple tips.
- Watch wet clothing, blankets, towels and other fabrics/materials that hold water and are left to dry over periods of time. They’re prime breeding for mold.
- Keep indoor humidity in check with the use of a dehumidifier or a ventilation system. Keep the humidity below 50% and allow for air filtration to remove the mold spores from the environment.
- Check for window leaks, wall leaks, and foundation leaks. Be sure to contact a qualified waterproofing specialist to assure you qualify each area of concern and don’t neglect an area that can become a problem in the future.
- Check the plumbing in all areas possible to verify there are no leakages. Water spreading from even the smallest leak can cause much damage and a serious mold and health issue.
- Have the area around your home inspected for water retention. If your home has water that remains long after rain, then you may need a waterproofing expert to recommend water removal and foundation waterproofing options.
What seems like a time to play and enjoy, the Summer shouldn’t be a time when you allow your home maintenance to take a vacation. In little time, your home can be violated by water and the intrusion not noticed until mold issues are at their worst.
For best results and peace of mind, contact your friends at Family Waterproofing for a Free Estimate on Waterproofing Services. Protect your home today!
- Quality service at family-friendly prices
- Clogged gutters – it’s a dirty job but someone has to do it.
- Introducing Gutter Services
- Don't replace it, raise it!
- What causes cracks in basement floor