Summer waterproofing checklist
Posted Mar 31, 2021 in Waterproofing
The summer is the best time to ensure that your waterproofing strategy is working effectively. You don’t want to be caught off guard when mother nature arrives. So here is a handy summer checklist to make sure your house is fully waterproofed:
- Check the interior and exterior of your foundation for any holes, cracks, or crumbling. Make sure to have damage you find sealed to prevent water leaks.
- Look for any signs of leaks or water damage along your basement walls, ceilings, and floor. If there is water damage, you need to call a waterproofing expert to find the source of the water and implement a solution.
- Inspect the grading around your home, make sure that the land slopes away from your home. If there are any areas where it slopes toward your home or is flat, you need to have the area regraded.
- Also check any paved surfaces like driveways, porches, and walkways. Make sure there are no divots or depressions that are trapping water. Also make sure that they are graded away from your home. If you find any problems you need to have them repaired.
- Clean out your gutters. Make sure they are working perfectly and repair any signs of damage. Also check to make sure your downspouts are free of clogs and pointing away from your home.
- Test your sump pump to make sure it is in good working order. Also make sure the drain is clear and free of debris. If not, you need to repair or replace your sump pump system immediately.
- Disconnect any hoses and turn off any sources of water you do not need in the fall. This will prevent pipes from freezing and bursting when the temperature drops.
- Finally, check your roof for any holes or damage. Water can leak in through the roof down into your home. Repair any damage you find.
If you find any problems such as leaks, a broken sump pump, or signs of water damage, you should call a professional. A trusted waterproofing expert, like your friends at Family Waterproofing Solutions. We can easily identify the source of the problem and come up with the best comprehensive solution to make sure your basement is protected. So call us today for a free consultation and will make sure your home stays dry!
- Introducing Gutter Services
- Don't replace it, raise it!
- What causes cracks in basement floor
- How to pick window well covers
- Why concrete sinks